Sunday 17 January 2016

Negatives for Screen Print



Today i made my negatives ready for screen printing. I decided that i wanted each element the size of A4, so one print would be the length of 3xA4, when i drew them out and put them together it ended up being a few inches longer than A1, which would make it impossible to print them all in one go. Because of this i made A4 negatives of each element and will print them individually. This also meant that i wouldn't have paper big enough.

I spoke to my tutors about this problem and we came up with the idea that i would screen print each part on A4 and then put them together on InDesign and print them digitally. I was quite disheartened by this as i really like how Screen Printing looks and when we went to Colours May Vary, they were telling us how they love screen printing and prefer it over digitals. But after thinking on it, just as much work, if not more, will go in to mine as i haven't just digitally printed, I will have screen printed and mono printed as well. Overall, i am quite pleased that i will be using all the printing methods that were mentioned in this brief, although it will probably be a lot more costly now i have to print digitally, and on bigger paper. I will either have to print on a roll of paper or somehow fit them all on to A0, so I can save on money.

No comments:

Post a Comment