Saturday 13 May 2017

Fact Cards


For the fact cards, which are pivital to the educational element of the game, I am going to make them as different coloured shields. The different colours will represent the different categories of questions. As i mentioned before, there is not enough facts based solely on the invasion that is required for the curriculum as the Viking invasion is only a sub-topic in KS2 History. So there will be other categories such as lifestyle and religion etc.

In schools the teachers would have to brief/set homework based on the contents of the game, but from memory I can remember learning about the Norse religion in Year 4 and I am certain that you learn about how the vikings lived in school, so the children should have some knowledge about the other information in the game.

With there being different categories of cards, I am going to make a colour wheel they will have to spin so the category is chosen at random. I am unsure of how many different categories there will be as of yet, but this is something that I will figure out later in time.

I also have to figure out how the game will work in regards to how they find out the answers for the questions, depending on it not being difficult or a lot of hassle for children at that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment