Thursday 20 October 2016

Briefs for the Workshop




For the workshop, we had to write out our briefs that we have chosen for this module out in a brief format sheet. We then discussed this within our small groups along with our Statements of Intent.
I found this really helpful as the tutor came and sat whilst i discussed my work and pointed out a few things which made me change the briefs.

Firstly, he asked why i had chosen greeting cards as my one-a-week brief, to this i was stumped, why had i chosen greeting cards? He said that that's just adding pressure to make a certain thing when actually instead of it being my one-a-week brief i could change it to my personal interest brief, where each week i could experiment with a different technique or skill in paper illustration, not focusing on a product, but the skill. I really like this idea as i can focus my skill onto paper illustration and develop my skills with the medium, experimenting with different processes. I think i will make this brief ongoing as i would like to use the process in my big project at the end of the year so i mays well practice until then.

Secondly, he said that for my one-a-week brief, i could choose characters i've designed from my Inktober brief and do one a week to develop even further. I think this is really good as i wanted to go further into character development, realising its not my strong point and developing my skills further for my practice.

I also asked about my substantial brief, Penguin random house. I asked what would make it substantial if I only wanted to one of the books, and he said i could make the book cover for their deadline but for the module also make promotional stuff and maybe stationary etc.







No comments:

Post a Comment