Tuesday 31 January 2017

Papyrus Brief

I've started looking at other briefs that i could possibly start and focus in on my practice. On the course noticeboard was mention of a colouring boo brief for the Papyrus charity, which helps prevent suicide.

The brief consists of illustrating an A3 page for a colouring book, with the aim of de-stressing someone with anxiety or depression.

Before I read the brief, I had heard of this brief by someone in the studio at college, before looking at the specifications, I already had some ideas of what I could make for it.

The idea I first had was to create a big illustration, that would go in a consetina book, the illustration would consist of a city scape which within it would have activities that are recommended for overcoming depression, for instance, dog walking etc.

This would fit in with my practice quite well as it would be informing the audience of helpful activities which could improve their mental health or state of mind. I think I might do the original brief of the A3 illustration, but I also might adapt this brief to create a more informative colouring book.

I also think I could take this even further with a possible book/leaflet to go along with it, informing the audience on mental illness, especially in young adults. This could possibly be a big brief, maybe the major brief within this module, but I am going to talk about it in my tutorial on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment